National Curriculum Wales
At Pontyclun Primary, we will give all our children (including those with ALN), full access to the curriculum. This will be carried out by using the Foundation Phase Framework, the New 2015 Curriculum for Literacy & Numeracy, National Curriculum 2008, 3-19 Skills framework, LNF framework 2015 and the new Digital Competency Framework as a guide to our teaching. We aim to enable our pupils to achieve the highest academic and personal standards of which they are capable by providing them with challenges and the life skills that they need in order to take their place in society. As a school community, we will have a commitment to promote equality for all pupils (see Equality policy). We see the development of Literacy, Numeracy and pupil wellbeing as central to our curriculum work, balanced with Science, PSD, Welsh as a 2nd Language, ICT, Bilingualism, humanities and expressive arts. The experiences of the children will be enriched by a range of planned extra-curricular activities.
- To provide a broad, exciting and challenging curriculum that embraces the new curriculum
- To provide an environment that is fun, stimulating and challenging to all pupils
- To promote an awareness of and respect for a diversity of cultures, values, beliefs and abilities
- To equip children with a range of skills and a desire for lifelong learning
- To work with other schools to share good practice