Foundation Phase return to school
We are all really excited and looking forward to seeing your children return to school next week after such an extended time off. In returning to school however, I am sure some of you will be anxious that the school is a safe environment for your child. Can I reassure you that we are doing all we can to minimise the risk of infection in our school. We have followed the Welsh Government and Local Authority guidelines in preparing a detailed risk assessment and will be reviewing this regularly.
On returning to school
• Your child will be in a year group bubble,
• teaching staff will also stay in their year group bubble,
• playtimes and lunchtimes will be staggered to maintain bubbles,
• bubbles will not mix,
• pick up and drop off will be staggered to minimise the risk of large gatherings of people in school at any one time,
• staff will be required to wear appropriate PPE when in all communal areas,
• all visitors,(including parents), will be required to wear a mask when on site unless there is proof of a medical exemption,
• the school will be cleaned throughout the day as well as first thing in the morning and at the end of the day,
• hand sanitisers will be provided for all pupils in all classes and regular handwashing will be promoted,
• there will be no gathering for assemblies etc involving the mixing of year groups,
• the school will be undertaking a lateral flow testing approach with all staff twice a week,
• any and all suspected or positive cases will be actioned as per the latest guidance from Welsh Government.
I hope that these measures will help to allay any concerns you might have on your child returning to school. As a school we would also ask parents / carers to remember that although school is open for Foundation phase pupils, the other restrictions are still in force. Therefore, we would urge parents / carers to not have children's parties, sleep overs, friends over for tea etc.
Hopefully the situation will continue to improve and if we all continue to heed the advice from Welsh Government we will soon, once again, be operating in a more normal way.