This Autumn in Reception our topic will be 'Dyma fi' (This is me).
This project has a Physical/Health and Well being focus and enables children to develop their fine and gross motor skills through a range of activities that build up their communication and social skills. Building on initial starting points, the project takes account of your child's ideas and interests.
In this project children will learn about:
- Routines that they take part in throughout the day
- Favourite things (songs, times-seasons and festivals, pets, hobbies, food)
- Keeping healthy by eating a balanced diet
- Bodies and growing up (Birthdays)
- What they want to be when they grow up
- Being kind and keeping safe
- Places they like to go (special holidays)
- Expressing themselves creatively using a range of different media
- The Welsh language using words and phrases across a range of experiences in the indoor and outdoor environment.
We are excited about our new topic and look forward to exploring it with the children.